Please note this year camp will be open for EIGHT weeks!
Camp Stevenson-Witawentin on Onota Lake
a Girls Inc. program of the Gladys Allen Brigham Community Center
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- 1:5 staff to camper ratio for campers age 6 and younger
- Licensed by the Department of Public Health
- Breakfast and Lunch provided by the Pittsfield Public Schools Summer Food Program
- Activities in the areas of literacy, art, and science to reduce summer learning loss.
- Evidence based Girls Inc. Programming: Operation Smart, Medial Literacy, and Prevention Adolescent Pregnancy
- Sports and Fitness Programs to promote healthy living
- Spacious and pristine surroundings create an ideal natural learning environment
Girls Day Camp – For girls completing Kindergarten to age 15
Girls Inc. mission oriented programs in the areas of: Sports and Adventure, Self-Reliance and Life Skills, Culture and Heritage, Leadership and Community Action, Careers and Life Planning, and Health and Sexuality, in addition to traditional day camp components of drama, art, nature, sports, boating, swimming, team and social skill building. “Camp Spirit” days on Tuesdays and special events held every Friday. Girls should bring appropriate clothing for the sometimes unpredictable New England weather.
$175 per week session paid in advance
Counselor in Training – For young women ages 13- 15
The Counselor in Training Program is a unique opportunity for young women ages 13-15 to recieve on the job training by assisting experienced counselors and program instructors in all areas of the camp program. CITs will develop leadership, communication, and socialization skills through active participation in a series of traditional camp components. Space is limited to 5 CITs per week session. Each potential CIT must go through an interview process before being accepted.
$110 per week session paid in advance
Camps Stevenson-Witawentin is located at 600 Churchill St. on Onota Lake
Summer Opportunities at 165 East Street, Pittsfield
ABC School Age Enrichment
This summer program serves girls and boys, kindergarten to age 14, providing a comprehensive, safe, and supervised program. Each child is encouraged to learn from the program’s supportive environment.
Literacy Based Summer Learning Loss Prevention Activities
- Recreational summer program.
- Using the renovated facility with HVAC systems, pool and gymnasium.
- Comprehensive programs in the areas of dance, arts and crafts, cooking, nature, science, sports and swimming.
- Weekly local field trips to venues like the Berkshire Athenaeum, Berkshire Museum, Burbank Park, etc. Twice weekly trips to Camp Stevenson-Witawentin on Onota Lake.
Financial aid is available for all Brigham Center Summer Programs to income eligible families. For more information or to register contact Sharra Blache at 413-442-5174, ext. 18 or by email.